我這道大蝦西柚雞尾沙拉是從 80 年代的經典作「明蝦雞尾杯」改裝過來的。
This prawn and grapefruit cocktail is adapted from the 80s classic " prawn cocktail "
原裝版的明蝦雞尾杯是將蝦或大蝦拌進千島醬 ( 又叫瑪麗玫瑰醬 )去，然後放在填了生菜的玻璃杯內；襯以一片檸檬。有時還伴著一兩塊塗了奶油的小三角麵包片同上。
The original prawn cocktail is made up of shrimps or prawns in a Thousand Island Dressing ( it's also called Marie rose sauce ), on top of lettuce in a glass; served with a slice of lemon. Sometimes also with a couple of small pieces of buttered bread as well.
So it is a salad, but why is it called a cocktail?
因為這款 60 - 80 年期間非常受歡迎的「開胃小菜」，既可作一道餐桌上享用的主餐前菜；又可供應為雞尾酒會中的小食之一。
Because this " hors d'oeuvre ", which was very popular during the 60 - 80s, can either be eaten at the dinner table as an appetiser; or served as one of the cocktail party foods.
After so many years, its popularity has been replaced by a lot of other rising stars. But people still remember it in their heart; because this salad not only tastes light and refreshing, it's made with good healthy ingredients too. Here I want to give it a bit of re-vamp and jazzing it up by replacing the lemon with segments of pink grapefruit. Using light mayonnaise and fat free natural yogurt to make up a low-calorie version of sauce to serve it with.
( 4 人份 )
- 熟大蝦 240g ( 用新鮮的海蝦自己烚熟除殼，去腸，洗淨。吃起來較鮮味 )
- 粉紅西柚 1 隻，去皮後小心除去白色內囊，用利刀在每瓣西柚肉中間切開後取出柚片，再每片橫切開二。
- 小生菜 2 棵撕開成小片
- 低脂蛋黃醬 3 湯匙
- 無脂天然優格 6 湯匙
- 番茄醬 3 湯匙
- 李派林喼汁 Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce 2 茶匙
- Tabasco sauce 1 茶匙
- 第戌芥末 Dijon mustard 1/2 茶匙
- 紅椒粉 1 茶匙
紅椒粉 1 茶匙作裝飾
Prawn and Grapefruit Salad
( serves 4 )
- 240g cooked and peeled king prawns ( freshly cooked, peeled and deveined sea prawns taste much better )
- 1 pink grapefruit, peel thickly with sharp knife, removing as much white pith as possible. Cut down between membranes joining the segments. Be careful not to cut right through, just to the centre of the grapefruit is all that's needed. Cut each segment into two
- 2 baby gem lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
For the dressing:
- 3 level tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp fat free natural hogurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tobasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp paprika to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing into a bowl, season and whisk together, then pour into a serving jug to place on the table to serve.
- Arrange the lettuce in 4 cocktail glasses, then add the grapefruit and prawns. To serve with the dressing over the prawns and grapefruits, and sprinkle with a little paprika.
The grapefruit slices glisten in the sun, alongside the lovely pink juicy king prawns; making this cocktail salad even more mouth-wateringly beautiful. During the hot summer days, you can have it either served as an appetizer or as a light meal enjoy it any time of the day.
Dear Joceline Lyn,Delete
Dear Aunty Young,Delete
Dear Esther Lau,Delete
每天數著票數，那管它是 1, 2 或 3;
Dear Miss LK,Delete
不怕跟你說，如果我讓我先生作主，他可以每天都吃 prawn cocktail 哈哈!!
Very refreshing salad especially good for our weather here.,ReplyDelete
I know hot hot the weather can get where you are, cooking would definitely proved to be a challenge to most housewives!!
Hahaha I remember my friend hosted a retro party a few months ago and one of the things she made was the Prawn Cocktail because its so classic and oh so 'retro'! But yours doesn't look retro instead it looks delicious :)ReplyDelete
Haha my husband is so old fashioned, he still loves this prawn cocktail so much! If he has his own way, he will choose it as his starter every time!!
Thank you Daisy!! I love prawn cocktail too, but I have to give it a bit of a make over and a more updated image ;p