我是一個對四季都愛的人。由不同的氣候狀况、美麗的大自然變化，到音樂、食物和時裝 ... 每個季節的轉換。每年都相同卻又不一樣，熟識卻又新奇。每次仍會給我帶來讚嘆和喜悅。
I am a four seasoned person. From appreciating the different weather conditions, the changing beauty of nature, to music, food and fashion ... the changes from one season to another. Every year is the same and yet different, familiar yet refreshing. It never fails to bring me joy and surprise.
這個夏天，在英國的我們正在經歷著一個由七月初開始徘徊至今的熱流。前幾天氣温高達 34.1 C，是今年到目前為止最熱的一天。
This summer in the UK we are experiencing a long heat wave which stretched from the beginning of July till now, with the highest temperature recorded at 34.1 C on Thursday 1 August, becoming the hottest day of the year so far.
人們都藉悠悠的黃昏在自己家中後院烤 BBQ 和啜冷飲。總之白晝很長，傍晚和夜間的氣温很舒服。所以我這麼喜愛英國的夏天。
We all used to having unpromising summers in the UK. We have sun and we have rain, but whatever happens, we always have beautiful flowers and lovely seasonal fruits and vegetables. Not to mention the length of the days; dawn begins at five in the morning when the sun rises and the birds sing. Evening doesn't end until around ten at night when the sun finally goes down.
People have barbecues and drinks in their own garden, making the most of the warm weather and long days. That's why I love British summer.
Among the summer fruits, I love berries the most - all different types: strawberry, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry. In the UK, because of the imports from other countries in the Europe, we can enjoy these berries
all year round. But the season for British berries is from May to September. Home grown produce always taste fresher, juicier, and taste nicer!
Last week we had quite a few good friends coming round to see us. I baked crumble, carrot cake, and these lovely summer berries tartlets.
They were enjoyed and loved by everybody! The tartlets look beautiful yet are so easy to make. And once the cases are done and the fillings are placed, just lay on top any berries of your choice; or you can put on any seasonal fruit from the part of the world that you're in.
( 做 12 個 )
- 中筋麵粉 plain flour 200g / 7oz，多預些作灑桌面用
- 糖霜粉 85g / 3oz
- 杏仁粉 ground almonds 55 g / 2oz
- 無鹽牛油 115 g / 4oz
- 蛋黃 1 個
- 牛奶 1 湯匙
- 奶油起司 cream cheese ( 像 Philadelphia ) 約 500g / 1lb 2 oz
- 糖霜粉 6 湯匙，多預些作灑塔面用
- 各式新鮮夏日雜莓 ( 足以填滿 12 個塔面 )
Fresh Summer Berries Tartlets
( makes 12 )
- 200g / 7oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 85g / 3oz icing sugar
- 55g / 2oz ground almonds
- 115g / 4oz unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tbsp milk
- 500g / 1lb 2 oz cream cheese ( like Philadelphia )
- 6 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- Fresh summer berries ( enough to fill the top of 12 tartlets )
1. 把麵粉和糖霜粉篩進大碗中，下杏仁粉。加入牛油，用手指磨揑成麵包糠狀。倒入蛋黄和牛奶，搓勻成粉團 ( 只需數分鐘時間 )。用保鮮膜包好置冰箱內 30 分鐘。
1. Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, stir in the ground almonds. Add the butter, rubbing in
until the mixture resmbles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and milk and work in until the dough binds
together. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
2. 先替 12 個可脫底的約 9.5 cm 小塔盤預剪出鋁箔紙備用。 粉團從冰箱取出，在灑了麵粉的 桌面搓成長條，切成 12 等份。用雙手將一份粉團壓成圓餅狀，放在塔盤中，用手指從中向週圍推開。
2. Measure and cut out 12 foil round discs to cover top of the tartlet cases later. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use it to line 12 about 9.5cm round tartlet tins. Press the dough in the center to push it out to side of the tins with your fingers.
3. 預熱烤爐至 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6。 雙手把粉團向四週盡量推擠、按薄、揑平。每個用义子輕剌後，蓋上預剪的鋁箔紙。置烤爐烤 10-15 分鐘或至呈淡金黄。烤爐減温至 180 C，拿起鋁箔紙放回烤爐烤 3-5 分鐘或呈均勻金黃色。取出置網架上放涼 15 分鐘後才小心從塔盤取離。
3. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6. Use your hand to push and press to spread the dough thinly to fit the tartlet tins. Prick the bases with a fork and press a piece of the cut out round foil into each. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove the foil and turn down the oven to 180 C, and bake for a further 3-5 minutes or until the tartlet cases look golden all round evenly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before carefully remove them from the tins.
4. Put the cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well together. Half fill each tartlet with the cream cheese mixture. Arrange all sort of fresh berries on top, dust with sifted icing sugar.
Just a word of caution though. If you follow the instructions carefully, you should be producing some really crunchy and delicate tartlets. Please handle with care, when you pick it up, try to slide your hand under the tartlet to hold it up, don't try to grab it between your fingers, they may just crumble and break in your hand.