Mother's Day arrived really early this year. In the UK, Mothering Sunday falls on the 4th Sunday in Lent, 3 weeks before Easter Sunday. Lent is a 40 days period in preparation for Easter.
Easter is a movable feast, which means that it does not occur on the same date each year. How is the date of Easter determined each year?
在公元 325 年時，第一次尼西亞會議 ( First Nicaea Council ) 時定下的，復活節就是在春分月圓後的第一個星期天。
The council of Nicaea ( A.D. 325) set the date of Easter as the Sunday following the paschal full moon, which is the full moon falls on or after the vernal (spring) equinox.
我們都知道復活節當然是在星期日那一天，因為星期天是耶穌基督復活的日子。但與春至滿月有甚麼關係呢？原因是立春後的第一個滿月在猶太人的曆書上是逾越節，而最後的晚餐 ( 聖週四 ) 發生在逾越節那天。因此，復活節便定為逾越節後的那個星期天。
We know that Easter must always occur on a Sunday, because Sunday was the day of Christ's resurrection.
But why the paschal full moon? Because that was the date of Passover in the Jewish calendar, and the last supper ( Holy Thursday ) occurred on the Passover. Therefore, Easter was the Sunday after Passover.
由此復活節的日期在西曆上會由 3 月 22 日至 4 月 25 日不等。
今年的復活節會降臨在 3 月 31 日，所以母親星期天便在剛過去了的 3 月 8 日。
有關母親星期天 Mothering Sunday 的意義，去年我在這篇網誌已詳述了，這兒便不再敍。
Thus the date of Easter varies between 22 March and 25 April.
This year's Easter falls on 31 March, so the Mothering Sunday was on 8 March.
On this special day last week, though it's already in early spring; the air was still bitterly cold. I was missing my children, so I cheered myself up by making a beautiful raspberry and chocolate tart for our afternoon tea. We shared it with some young friends in the neighbourhood, and they all said the tart tasted amazing!
( 8 人份 )
- Oreo 夾心餅 ( 刮去中間糖心餡後的重量 ) 8oz
- 砂糖 2 湯匙
- 海鹽 1 茶匙
- 液體無鹽牛油 6 湯匙
- 牛奶巧克力 6 oz
- 黑巧克力 6 oz
- 濃忌廉 ( 雙倍奶油，double cream / heavy cream，乳脂含量 48 % ) 320 ml
- 新鮮樹莓 8 oz
- 預熱烤爐至180 C / 350 F / Gas 4。將餅、糖和1/2 茶匙鹽放進攪拌機內打至成幼粉狀，加進牛油繼續打勻。把拌勻了的餅糠按進一個 9" 可脫底的撻盤內。放在烤盤上，置烤爐內焗 20 分鐘，取出待涼。
- 把牛奶巧克力、黑巧克力和 1/2 茶匙鹽同放大碗內，置微波爐肉溶化。另外小煲內，用中火把忌亷煮至微沸，馬上取起倒進巧克力一起拌至完全光滑。傾進涼了的撻殼裏，再涼後置冰箱冷却至少 30 分鐘。
Raspberry and Chocolate Tart
( Serves 8 )
- 8 oz Oreo sandwiched biscuits ( weigh after the filling have been removed )
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 320 ml double cream ( heavy cream )
- 8 oz fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350 F / Gas 4. In a food processor, combine biscuits, sugar and 1/2 tsp salt, process until become fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until mixture just comes together. Press crumbs firmly into a 9 in loose bottom tart tin. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate and 1/2 tsp salt, put in microwave to melt the chocolate. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a bare simmer over medium heat. Immediately pour cream over chocolate. Stir gently until chocolate melts and mixture is completely smooth. Pour chocolate into the cooled tart shell and refrigerated when it's cooled until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully stand the tart on a upside down big bowl to remove the side of the tin. Then gently place the tart on a cake stand, using a long thin knife to separate the tart from its bottom. To serve scatter raspberries on top, sprinkle icing sugar over.
This Raspberry and Chocolate Tart is so easy to make, not only it tastes smooth and lovely, but looks very pretty too. If you need something quick and simple, also stylish to serve as a dessert or for afternoon tea, this will be your perfect choice!
- Place the loose-bottom tart tin on top of the baking sheet before you put in the oven, is to make sure it won't come loose when taking in and out of the oven.