We all know that including fruit and vegetables in our diet is very important, particularly for growing children and teenagers. However, young people of that age are often not too keen on eating fresh fruit - even if it's their favourite, let alone trying out new things!
做主婦的我們可以為家人挑選一些成熟、合時和對身體特別有益的生果如：蘋果、柳橙、西瓜、蜜瓜、奇異果、草莓、藍莓、樹莓、鳳梨、葡萄 ... 等等。
The summer season offers such a vast variety of amazing fruits - how can we not make the most of it? I would like to show you here a very simple way to make a delicious fruit salad which will be loved by adults and children alike.
We can choose all kinds of good quality firm, ripe, in - season fruit. You can use apples, oranges, water melons, melons, grapes, kiwi fruit, strawberries, blueberries, rapberries, pineapples, and the like.
把切粒的水果拌進自己調的薄荷味糖水中；除了各式雜莓最好在上桌前才加進，其餘做起的水果沙拉可以放冰箱冷藏， 12 小時之內隨時進食佳可。漂亮晶瑩、清新甜美的冷甜品就這樣輕易預備好了。家裏開野火會、花園茶會、大食會時端上，何等美麗動人！
Prepared fruit can be stored in the refrigerator for up to twelve hours before serving. It's such a dazzlingly beautiful, sweet and refreshing bowl of delicious cold dessert. You can serve it at a barbecue or a summer garden party - it will always be an attractive prospect to present to your guests.
美麗繽紛的水果沙拉還可以在一天中任何時間享用。與早餐、午餐同吃時可伴两大匙天然優格、用來當下午茶小食或消暑涼品的話不妨挖一圓球雪糕進去；作飯後甜品的話請隨意淋上奶油 single or double cream。又或者，甚麼都不加，只吃碗中躺在微甜糖水的水果也行。
This lovely and colourful fruit salad can be eaten at any time of the day. When serving with breakfast or lunch, you can add a couple of spoonfuls of natural yogurt. If you're having it in the afternoon as a cool snack, you can slip in a cheeky ( big! ) scoop of ice-cream. Or if you're eating it as an after - dinner dessert, please feel free to pour on some single or double cream! Better still, you can simply enjoy the fruit salad in the light syrup on its own.
( serves 4 )
- 紅蘋果和綠蘋果各 1 個，去心切成小方塊
- 紅和綠無核葡萄共 200g
- 樹莓 ( 覆盆子 ) 100g
- 任何種類蜜瓜 200g 切小方塊
- 砂糖 2 湯匙
- 薄荷葉 2 小撮
- 天然優格 natural yogurt 450 g
- 流質蜂蜜 1 湯匙
- 水 150 ml
Summer Fruit Bowl
( serves 4 )
- I red and green apple each, peeled and cored; diced into small cubes
- 200 g red and green seedless grapes
- 100g raspberries
- 200g any types of melons, cut into small square pieces
- 2 tbsp sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 small handful mint leaves
- 450g natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 150 ml water
- 將砂糖、檸檬汁、一半的薄荷葉和水同放小煲內，小火煮沸後收火置於一旁。放涼 15 分鐘，取起薄荷葉備用。
- 全部水果置大碗中，把涼去的糖水淋進，小心把全部水果拌勻 ( 請記著，如不是即時進食的話，各式雜莓最好在上桌前才加進 ) 。放涼後置冰箱內至需要時取出，灑上餘下切碎了或小塊的薄荷葉作裝飾；用加進了蜂的天然優格伴著上桌。
- Put the sugar, lemon juice, 1/2 of the mint leaves and water in a small pan, bring to the boil on low heat, then turn it off; take out the mint leaves and leave to cool.
- Place all the fruit in a large bowl, pour in the cooled syrup, stir and mix fruit gently to coat well ( please remember, if not eating it at once, leave out the mixed berries until ready to serve). Put in fridge when cooled. Sprinkle some chopped or small mint leaves on top, mix honey and natural yogurt together to serve.
If you compare it to calorie - rich desserts and puddings that we consume most of the time; this makes for a very healthy change! What fills up these beautiful fruit salad bowls are nothing but nutritious, delicious fruits.