Our trip to Taipei last week was short but full of fun.
除了接受 Vogue Taiwan 的邀請出席他們的記者會外，遇著有些事情剛巧也可以同時辦理。
I was invited to attend Vogue Taiwan's press conference for their Health Initiative campaign; and it so happened a couple of other things came up so we arranged to do it at the same time.
我們在星期五返抵英國，正遇著週末最精彩的温布頓女子單打和男子單打總决賽。知道英國的第一號球手 Andy Murray 進入至這最重要的一場，便對這賽事感到特別剌激和緊張。
I have already written some of the stories and post some of the photos on both Facebook and on Weibo, so I won't run the risk of boring you by repeating them here.
We arrived back to the UK on Friday to the highlight of a weekend - Wimbledon women and men's final. Knowing British no.1 Andy Murray was going to be one of the finalist made this tournament a lot more exciting.
After the hectic schedule of the previous few days, I planned to have a relaxing weekend particularly on Sunday, and do nothing but read books that I bought on this trip and watch the tennis.
I wanted to buy strawberries and cream to munch through the matches. My husband suggested that I should make a cake.
草莓與忌亷在温布頓的傳統上是非常重要的。草莓是在 1953 年開始在比賽場地內外供應，到了 1970 年新鮮忌亷 fresh cream 也加入這美食陣容。到後來，两者便成為整個温布頓網球賽中不可缺少的特色之一。
The tradition of Strawberries and Cream is extremely important in Wimbledon. The tradition of serving strawberries began in 1953 and the cream was added to the traditional fare in 1970. Gradually, the two of these became an essential part of the tournament.
In keeping with the tradition and meeting my husband's request, I decided to make a strawberry cheesecake instead.
The match was to start at 2:00 pm, so I had plenty of time to read some of my books.
Among the books that I brought back from Taiwan, one that I love so much and couldn't put down is a book called " 戀食人生", written by V and her cousin Fish.
The book not only has an exquisite and tasteful cover design, the contents of each chapter describes the source of each recipe in a totally enchanting and captivating manner. Each dish is put together with the authors' love and devotion, heavily influenced by the books they read and the films they watch. You can't help but follow them through each page of the book.
網上訂購的話可以在：博客來，PC Home 全球購物網， 和 PC Home 美國購物網 購買得到。
To capture your mind, vision and most importantly, your appetite; are also the beautiful pictures too. If you want to have a taste of what I've just described, you can read a chapter or two from here to experience it for yourself.
This book is on sale at both eslite and Kingstone book stores in Taiwan.
To purchase online: books.com.tw; PC Home online ; PC Home US online shopping
說回今次我做的這個白巧克力草莓芝士蛋糕。我用的是最低脂的軟芝士 - Lightest PHILADELPHIA。吃時的口感比平時任何 cheesecake 輕柔軟滑，入口即溶；加上混進了草莓粒和檸檬屑的口味非常清新。從冰箱捧出，伴著切了塊的草莓同吃，充滿透心的涼快和夏日芳香。
Now back to my White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake . I used the Lightest PHILADELPHIA soft cheese. It has a softer and more delicate; almost melt in the mouth texture compares to other cheesecakes. Plus the added strawberries pieces and the lemon zest folded inside of the cake, it tastes so refreshing. Serving it cold straight from the fridge, making it an ideal and delicious summer time dessert.
( 6 - 8 人份 )
- 消化餅乾 digestive biscuits 200g
- 無鹽牛油 55g 溶化
- 明膠葉 Leaf Gelatine 2 片
- 水 50 ml
- 軟芝士 soft cheese 450g ( 我用 Lightest PHILADELPHIA ) 你可以用任何軟芝士或奶油乳酪 cream cheese，也無須一定要用低脂的。
- 雲尼拿香精 vanilla extract 1 茶匙
- 糖霜粉 icing sugar 100g
- 白巧克力 250g
- 雙忌亷 double cream 200ml 半打發好
- 新鮮草莓 250g，切粒
- 可以彈開的 8" 圓型糕盤 1 個
White Chocolate and Strawberry Cheesecake
( serves 6 - 8 )
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 55g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 leaves Leaf Gelatine
- 50ml water
- 450g soft cheese, ( I used Lightest PHILADELPHIA ), you can use any soft cheese or cream cheese, and you don't have to use low fat one too.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g icing sugar
- Zest of a lemon
- 250g white chocolate
- 200ml double cream, semi-whipped
- 250g fresh strawberies, diced
- 8" round spring form cake tin
- Fresh strawberries to decorate on top of the cheesecake
- 用水把明膠葉片浸軟，取出放進煲滾的 50ml 沸水中拌溶。
- 混合器 blender/mixer 中把軟芝士、糖霜粉、雲尼拿香精和檸檬屑攪至完全混合。
- 用保鮮紙蓋著白巧克力放進微波爐內溶化，加進大碗中與軟芝士混合物、明膠溶液拌勻 ( 如明膠溶液凝化了只需用低温再稍熱溶回液態 )。再加入草莓粒和半打發好 ( 約打發 1 分鐘 ) 的忌廉完全拌勻，倒進糕盤內。置冰箱內两小時凝結。
- Line the base of the spring form tin, and butter the side of the tin. Blend the biscuits in a food processor until they form fine crumbs then add the melted butter to mix well together. Cover the bottom of the tin with the mixture, wear a disposable catering glove to level and press the biscuits down so they form a compact layer.
- Soak the gelatine in a little water until the leaves are soft. Bring 50ml of water to the boil then add the soaked gelatine and mix until dissolve.
- In a mixer mix together the soft cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extrace and lemon zest.
- Cover the white chocolate with cling film and melt it in a microwave, fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Next, fold in the gelatine. Add the strawberries to the mixture. At the same time fold in the semi-whipped double cream. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and leave to set for two hours in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, take cheesecake out from fridge, use a long thin knife which has been dipped in hot water and dried, carefully slip in around the top of the edge of the tin, release the cake and place it onto a stand or plate. Arrange sliced strawberries on top, serve immediately.
This cheesecake adds a delicious, chocolaty twist to the classic combination of strawberries and cream, and it doesn't required baking. Making this an ideal summer time dessert.