When our son was little, his dad took him everywhere to go fishing. In the beginning they only went to fish in rivers or lakes, but before long they started going out to sea. Husband suffers from sea sickness most of the time, so he taught our son how to tie the line and attach the bait. This became our son's main task, and he was responsible for unhooking the fish too.
The other day when our son came home he suddenly suggested that we go out to sea, enjoy some sea breeze, and do some fishing! Naturally, his dad was overjoyed.
本來想坐 6 或 8 小時的船去釣 Pollock 和 Sea Bass, 但都滿額了，只餘下三小時釣 Mackerel 的。沒有選擇餘地，我們也欣然出發上船。
We were going to join one of the 6/8 hour boat trips to fish Pollock or Sea bass but they were fully booked, so we only got the 3 hour Mackerel fishing boat left. Although there weren't any other choices, we were happy to go.
Our daughter had to go back to London to sort out something, so there were just three of us. When your kids have grown up it's not easy to have a whole family being together at the same time.
Between us, we only managed to catch about 30 fish. Not a great amount (we've caught many more in the past!) but the sea breeze and the fresh air filled our lungs, and the feeling was amazing!
The next day we wanted the fresh fish for lunch. Husband helped me fillet some of the fish. He wanted me to pan-fry them, I wanted to grill. In the end, I did both.
With Vinegar, sugar and garlic braised tomatoes.
Served with rice and vegetables.
A simple but delicious meal.
煎烤鮮魚 Pan-Fried or Grilled Fresh Fish
- 新鮮去骨魚柳隨意 ( 可請魚販去骨 )
- 油 2 湯匙
- Fresh fillets of fish of your choice ( you can ask the fishmonger to fillet the fish for you )
- Sea salt, ground black pepper to season
- Plain flour to dust the fish with
- 2 tablespoon oil
1. 煎的：把魚柳排在砧板上，兩邊都磨上海鹽、黑椒和均勻地洒上麵粉。鍋燒紅，下油 2 湯匙燒熱旋勻。提起魚塊輕摔去多餘麵粉，下鍋中煎至兩邊金黄便可。
1. Pan-fry: Lay the fish out on chopping board, seasoned with sea salt and ground black pepper. Heat frying pan till hot, add oil; pan fry fish until they became golden on each side.
2. 烤的：預熱烤架，把魚柳排在砧板上，兩邊都磨上海鹽、黑椒。放在鋪了錫紙的烤盤上。置烤架下兩邊烤至金黃便成。( 每個烤爐的性能不同，請以適當熱力把魚烤至金黄但不要烤焦 )
2. Grill: Preheat grill, lay fish out on chopping board, seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. Place fish on baking tray lined with foil. Put tray under grill, grilled until golden on each side. ( Each grill performs differently, please adjust the setting accordingly, take care not to burn the fish )
- 大碗內加進一飯碗黑香醋 dark Balsamic vinegar，1 湯匙糖拌勻。
- 番茄洗淨中切開ニ，預備蒜茸 1 茶匙。燒紅鍋，下油 1 湯匙，中火爆香蒜茸。番茄鍋內排開，磨上少許海鹽、黑椒煎透一面，反轉再磨上少許海鹽、黑椒煎透。
Vinegar, sugar and garlic braised tomatoes:
- Mixed 1 rice bowl dark Balsamic vinegar with 1 tablespoon sugar together in a large bowl.
- Sliced tomatoes in half, prepared 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Heat pan till hot, add 1 tablespoon oil, turn heat to medium to brown the garlic, then lay out tomatoes in pan, seasoned with little salt and ground black pepper, fry till golden; turn over, seasoned the other side with little salt and black pepper, fry till golden as well。
- Pour over the vinegar mix, bring to boil, then simmer to reduce the sauce a little and is ready to serve.
As long as the fish are fresh, doesn't matter how you cook them, they will still taste delicious.