I've heard people say the older you get, the more childish you become.
Luckily it hasn't happened to me yet, but I can't say the same for my husband.
像吃東西，他最近常叫我烤雞小腿、肉腸、自家製迷你漢堡 ... 等等小孩愛吃的食物。
Talking about this kind of food brings back memories of the days when our children were still in school. Every weekend they would get together with their friends.
Knowing these kids would always be hungry when they got here, I used to prepare simple and easy-to-cook but hugely popular treats like sausages, bolognaise, mini burgers and of course my special chicken drumsticks!
據她們說，她們的孩子一向都只喜歡吃 Chicken Nuggets 或 fish fingers；根本就從來不會碰有帶著骨頭的食物！
Before long, mums in school would stop me and asked for recipe. It was because their children would go home and request," Please can we have chicken drumsticks like the ones Jane did for us?"
為此，我可以很開心地說，我是那個比 Jamie Oliver 還早教導小學生們吃雞小腿的女人！
I'm happy to say, I was the woman introducing chicken drumsticks to school children long before Jamie Oliver!
To keep up with our present plan of healthy eating. Without letting my husband know, I removed the skins from the chicken before putting them in the marinade then roast.
Serving them with rice and vegetable makes a really nice change.
( 2 人份 )
- 去了皮的雞小腿 8 隻
- 蒜頭 2 粒拍扁剁茸
- 流質蜂蜜 2 湯匙
- 生抽 ( 淺色醬油 ) 2 湯匙
- 鹽 2 茶匙
- 酒 1 湯匙
- 麻油 1 湯匙
- 將醃料放進小煲去，用小火煮沸後繼續用慢火煮 1-2 分鐘，倒進大碗裏去。預熱烤爐至 200C / fan 180C / Gas 6。烤盤上鋪錫紙或烘焙紙。
- 把雞小腿放進醃料中拌勻，平放在烤盤上，置烤爐內共烤 25 分鐘至熟。
- 期間把餘下的醃料再煮沸；每隔 10 分鐘把雞小腿從烤爐取出，底面两旁再塗抹一層醃料才放回繼續燒烤，塗醃料期間要把門關上以保持烤爐温度。 ( 即總共塗 3次醃料：塗醃料 - 烤 10 分鐘； 塗醃料 - 烤 10 分鐘； 塗醃料 - 烤 5 分鐘 )
Sticky and Tasty Skinless Chicken Drumsticks
( Serves 2 )
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Thumb size piece ginger finely grated
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Put the marinade in a small pan, simmer gently over a low heat for 1-2 minutes, pour into a big bowl. Preheat oven to 200C / fan 180C / Gas 6. Line a shallow roasting tin with foil or baking paper.
- Mix the drumsticks well in the big bowl with the marinade, put them in the roasting tin. Place in the oven and roast for a total of 25 minutes until cooked.
- Bring the marinade back to the boil again over a low heat, take the drumsticks out and baste every 10 minutes during roasting, and make sure to shut the oven door to keep the heat in. ( Baste 3 times in total: baste - roast 10 minutes; baste - roast 10 minutes; baste - roast 5 minutes )
Do you know what? My husband didn't even notice any difference of these drumsticks if I didn't tell him.