The Easter holiday came and went. Like most families, we spent lovely quality time with our children.
Our daughter came back to stay a long weekend with us. She has recently started a new job, which she loves, but coming home to completely unwind with us is something she enjoyed so much. We saw our son too, he came back for lunch and we met him in Manchester to have a Chinese dim sum meal.
Before she caught her train back to London, I cooked this meal for us which is one of our all time favourite.
Lamb cutlets are so easy to cook, but I've been using this special recipe ever since our children were little. They've always loved it, and since they've grown up, every time when they come home, they've always asked me to cook this for them.
The secret is not in the marinade, though that's part of the reason why the cutlets are so tasty. It's the brown sugar that I put on top of the lamb chops at the final stage that makes all the difference.
( 4 人份 )
- 羊肋排 Lamb cutlets 12 塊
- 迷迭香 4 株，把葉從枝上倒捏下來剁碎
- 全籽芥末醬 whole grain mustard 3 湯匙
- 白米醋 2 湯匙
- 蒜頭 4 粒剁蓉
- 海鹽、鮮磨黑椒末各 4 茶匙或適量
- 預熱烤爐至 220C / 425F / Gas 7。
- 置烤爐內烤 20 - 30 分鐘至你所喜歡的生熟程度。每 10 分鐘翻轉一次讓均勻烤透。
- 在羊排烤至你喜歡的熟度前 5 分鐘，把它們從烤爐內取出，在每隻羊肋排上灑下 1 茶匙黃糖。然後整盤放回去，讓黃糖給畧烤焦後，與你喜歡的蔬菜和小馬玲薯；再伴以燒汁和薄荷醬同上桌。
- 小車厘番茄洗淨後放在另一烤盤上，與羊排同時放入烤爐；約15 - 20 分鐘便烤好。
Roasted Lamb Cutlets with Fresh Herbs and Whole Grain Mustard
( serves 4 )
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary, leaves pulled off and finely chopped.
- 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper each
- Preheat oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7
- Mix all the marinade well in a large bowl, put the lamb chops in to coat evenly all over.
- Place a rack on a baking tray, lay the lamb chops on top.
- Put in the oven to roast 20 - 30 minutes depends on how well cooked you prefer. Turn the lamb chops over every 10 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
- 5 minutes before the lamb chops are cooked to your liking, take them out from the oven and sprinkle 1 tsp brown sugar on top of each cutlet; and then put them back to the oven to slightly burn the sugar, before serving alongside your favourite vegetables and potatoes; also with homemade gravy and mint sauce.
- Place washed cherry tomatoes on a separate baking tray and put in the oven with the lamb chops, they will be ready in 15 - 20 minutes.
- 先把一大束從枝上取下的薄荷葉剁成幼碎狀。小碗內加進一湯匙砂糖，一湯匙煲馬玲薯時煲內的熱湯液拌勻 ( 煲馬玲薯或川燙蔬菜時我會加入少許鹽和油用來調味和增添光澤)。
- 然後加進幼碎薄荷葉、 2 湯匙紅 / 白米醋；完全拌勻後，便成為自家製薄荷醬了。
Homemade Mint sauce:
- Pull the leaves off a big bunch of mint and chop them really finely. In a small bowl, mix well 1 tbsp sugar with 1 tbsp of the hot liquid from the boiled potatoes. ( When I boil potatoes or blanch vegetables, I always put a bit of salt and oil in the water; it helps to leave a shiny and more appetizing appearance and to add a better favour to the potatoes and veg.)
- Follow by adding the chopped mint leaves, 2 tbsp red / white wine vinegar; stir everything well together to produce your Homemade mint sauce.
- 瘦豬腩煙肉 6 片切粒，迷迭香 2 枝取下的葉，1 大高身湯匙麵粉，2 粒有機菜精，1000 ml 沸水，1/2 杯紅酒。
- 用沸水把菜精先溶化成上湯。燒紅鍋下烟肉煎出油並爆香。加進迷迭香葉；下麵粉和紅酒進鍋一起用蛋拂攪拌，逐些注進上湯並隨煮隨繼續攪拌。至稀稠適中，加海鹽黑椒試味。喜歡的話，可用少許醬油 ( 老抽 ) 加點顏色。用篩把燒汁過瀘至容器上桌。
- 6 rashers of lean smoked bacon, 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, 1 heaped tbsp plain flour, 2 organic vegetable stock cube, 1000 ml boiling water, 1/2 cup red wine.
- First dissolve the vegetable stock cubes in the boiling water to make the stock. Finely slice the bacon and put into the frying pan. Fry till the bacon become crispy then add the leaves from the rosemary. Stir in the flour and the red wine, whisk gently using a balloon whisk. Gradually and slowly pouring in the stock a little at a time, whisking continuously until the gravy appeared to have the right consistency. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add a little dark soy sauce to create a darker colour for the gravy if preferred. Strain the gravy through a mesh sieve into the gravy boat to serve.
You'll find the taste of these lamb chops so scrumptious that you won't be able to stop licking your fingers!