First post in 2013, may I take this opportunity to wish all my dear readers a very Happy New Year!
多謝你們過去两年來的支持和鼓勵。你們給我的每一字一句、按的每一個讚、一個分享；用我食譜做的每款美食 ... 我都看到和深深感受到。感激你們的慷慨和美意。衷心祝願未年的一年大家健康幸福，生活都過得充實滿足！
Thank you so much for all the supports and encouragements you've given me for the last two years. Be there a word or a sentence, a 'like' or a 'share'; all the lovely food that you cooked with my recipes ... I've seen them and I could feel them with my heart. Truly grateful for all your kindness and generosity. Wishing you good health and happiness all year round, and live everyday contently and happily!
The holidays have just finished, it was lovely but somehow different. We have lived in this house for over 20 years. This is the first winter that our children have " come home " for Christmas. They both finished their degrees in the summer, and are now living and working away from home.
Our daughter took early leave from work so she could return home sooner. I finished all the work I had to do and left my spare time free for us to spend together. We immersed ourselves wholeheartedly in the Christmas spirit, enjoying all the preparation and shopping together.
And when our son was back, home was once again as noisy and crazy as the old days!
女兒的男友范也來住了幾天。他從西班牙母親的家鄉給我們帶來好吃的手信。三個男人談足球時事，我和女兒下廚 ... 在家、款客、訪友、出外、看電影、上館子、散步、逛街、訪小鎮 ... 两週時間很快便過去了。
Our daughter's boyfriend F came to stay with us for a few days too. He brought with him homely food from his mother's home town in Spain for us as gifts. The three men chatted about footballs and things, daughter and I cooked meals together ... we had friends over for dinners, took walks, watched movies, dined out, did shopping, visited villages ... two weeks holidays very soon came to an end.
Our son has already gone back to Manchester and yesterday we drove daughter and F back to London.
We made a pear, cranberry, white chocolate and walnut cake for our New Year's eve dinner dessert. The idea came when our daughter had afternoon tea with her friend at a small coffee shop near where she lives one day, and had this piece of pear cake that she thought was incredible. She asked the lady for the ingredients they used. And when she was home, we worked together to create the recipe to make this.
The results is, this cake is so delicious it's quite unbelievable. On biting into the soft cinnamon icing covered pear slices, met with the sweet white chocolate and fruity dry cranberries in the centre of the cake, mixed with the crunchy walnut pieces; all added up to offer a multiple layer of enjoyable tasting experience.
- 室溫軟化無鹽牛油 220g
- 黃幼砂糖 golden caster sugar 200g
- 中號蛋 4 隻碗內打勻
- 中筋麵粉( 自起粉 ) self raising flour 220g
- 泡打粉 baking powder 1 茶匙
- 貴妃梨 conference pear 3 個去皮去心切長塊，擠進檸檬汁拌勻以免變啡色
- 小紅莓乾 100g
- 合桃 walnuts 80g 剁成碎粗粒
- 白巧克力150g 剁成碎粗粒
- 20 cm 圓徑可以鬆邊脫底烤盤 1 個
Pear, Cranberry, White Chocolate and Walnut Cake
- 220g room temperature unsalted butter
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium size eggs beaten in a bowl
- 220g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 conference pear peeled, corded and sliced, squeezed over lemon juice and mixed well to stop the pears getting brown.
- 100g dried cranberries
- 80g walnuts roughly chopped
- 150g white chocolate roughly chopped
- A 20 cm diameter spring form baking tin
- 預熱焗爐至 160C / 325F / Gas3。將蛋逐少加入牛油糖糊中去打勻，篩進中筋麵粉 (自起粉) 和泡打粉。倒入小紅莓乾，合桃和白巧克力，小心輕力全部拌勻。。
- 將粉漿撥進烤盤內鋪平，把梨塊排上。放進焗爐內，烘 1 小時 15 分鐘左右，至用長竹籤剌進取出無黏物便成。
- 蛋糕烘好取出放在網架上待涼。做流質的肉桂糖霜：用 200ml 的糖霜粉 icing sugar 和 1/2 茶匙肉桂粉混合倒進碗中，加 2 湯匙牛奶拌至光滑，待蛋糕涼後將糖漿掃在梨塊和蛋糕上部便成。
- 用 2 湯匙杏果醬 apricot jam 加 1 茶匙熱水混合，從小篩擠進小碗內成為杏醬果液，待糖漿乾凝後，把果液塗掃在整個蛋糕的上下週圍增添光澤。
- Lined and greased the base of the baking tin. In a large bowl, use a hand held mixer to beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale.
- Preheat oven to 160C / 325F / Gas 3. Add the egg little by little into the butter sugar mixture, beat well. Sieve the flour and baking powder into the egg and butter mixture; fold in the cranberries, walnuts and white chocolate, gently combine everything together.
- Level the cake mixture in the baking tin, place the pear slices evenly on top. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. when insert a skewer into the cake and comes out clean, then it's ready.
- Take the cake out from the tin when cool to touch, and leave it on the wire rack to cool completely. Proceed to make the liquid cinnamon icing. Put 200ml icing sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder in a bowl, add 2 tbsp milk to mix and form a smooth paste, brush onto the pear slices and on top of the cake.
- Make apricot glaze. Mix 2 tbsp apricot jam and 1 tsp hot water together and squeeze through a small mesh sieve into a small bowl. When the cinnamon icing on the pears are dry, brush the glaze on the pear slices and all over the cake to produce a lovely and glossy appearance.
- 因為要烘成 1 小時 15 分鐘頗長時間，和每個焗爐性能不同，我提議 1 小時後便要用竹籤剌進檢查，一沒黏物便成，不要烘過火，不然糕邊便會焦的呢。
A little reminder:
- Half an hour after the cake has been in the oven, you can place a piece of foil on top to prevent it becoming too burn.
- Because the baking time of 1 hour 15 minutes is quite long, and every oven performs differently. I suggest checking it after 1 hour, if inserting a skewer into the center of the cake and comes out clean, then it's ready, don't over bake it or the side will become too dark.
祝你闔府新年快樂!! 祝梅綺更健康窈窕，纖體成功 ;)
你亮麗繃跳陽光般開朗性情太有感染力了！令本來瑟縮在冷黯室中的我，剛才讀了你勉勵的暖語後，也願意面對外面濕寒的天氣，和老公帶 Josh 散步去！
我家的烤爐是搬進來那天安置的，到今天足有二十三年高齡了。我常擔心我同的温度與別人不同，你最近烘的蘋果橘子醬蛋糕是跟我食譜指示的温度 160C 和烘了 1 小時左右嗎？
omg! this is amazing!! thanks for sharing :) shingReplyDelete
and not to forget, HAPPY 2013 New year to you n family :) shingReplyDelete
Thank you so much for writing to me and giving me your support, deeply appreciated as always!!
Wishing you and your beloved a very happy 2013 too!!
220g 的 flour + 220g 的 butter + 220g 的糖 + 同重量的蛋 (3 - 4隻)。
2) 如果要做的是两層的海綿蛋糕，把粉漿分進兩個烘盤去，烘的温度是 180C ；時間只需 25 - 30
時間。如果用 180C 烘 1 小時的話，糕身外面一定會焦得很。所以便要用較低的溫度和加長了時間
好多謝你既解答呀,我做左喇,不過只係做六吋,我個爐可能太底溫,焗成個半鐘先熟得晒,同埋個底好多油漏出尼呢???個樣同你個個差好遠...個蛋糕升得唔高,高唔過啲啤朵呢 >_<..但真係好好食...有機會要再整..希望下次有你依個 >_<..但真係好好食...有機會要再整..希望下次有你依個咁靚 ^^ (得閒尼睇下我個cake樣...見笑喇..keke)Delete
我去你 blog 處看過了，做得不錯呀！
Happy New Year and I've been eagerly waiting for your new post! Glad to hear you had a great holiday season. And love the look of this cake. Pear desserts are always rather elegant looking.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year to you too! And thank you so much for your patience :)
We had such a relaxing time over Christmas and New Year, the pear cake was the perfect dessert to end the holidays with :)
Happy New Year to you . Your pear cake look so tempting and perfect. So sweet to have all family members gather together .ReplyDelete
Thank you and Happy New Year to you too! We made up the recipe as we go, so it was a total surprise when it turned out so nice :)
Happy new yearReplyDelete
Dear Ms Big Chan,Delete
Happy New Year!! It's nice to hear from you. Hope you're keeping well :)
Finally I am back and my new year's resolution is to make more time for myself(including writing and reading blog :) Happy New Year, Jane!!!ReplyDelete
Happy New Year!! I've been away to London for a week, got back a few days ago but still have lots to catch up! So lovely to know that you've such positive and enjoyable plan for this year, look forward to hearing all about it :)
哈哈我也想知道! Typed in conference pear in google, 第一行就給了我這個名字。"Perfect!" 沒有再檢查，我就取用了 :D