We've always loved eating fish and seafood. But in recent years the cultivation and farming of fish and seafood in some parts of the world have produced chemically poisoned and environmentally polluted fish and seafood. Unfortunately with personal experiences from my own family and friends, sometimes such contaminated fish or seafood can be found in bass, mussels, prawns, river cobblers etc., caused or triggered off allergy like reactions, making us violently sick and feeling ill.
I've avoided buying fish and seafood from unreliable fish farm sources, and prefer buying them from local fish mongers.
We love eating fish like cod, haddock, all the flat fish family eg. plaice, halibut, brill, soles etc and mackerel, sea bream and so on. Cooking and eating these fish are simple, safe and enjoyable.
Farmed salmon so far, has not been known to cause reactions and attacks as those conditions mentioned above, so we still eat them regularly.
但我可以說的是，馬鮫魚一直是我們餐桌上最受歡迎的魚類之一。牠們不但含有所有的歐米加 3 脂肪酸，而且烹飪的方法很多；好吃、便宜和有大量供應。
But I have to say, Mackerel is definitely one of the firm favourites on our dinner table; not only they are full of potential benefits of omega-3 fatty acids but also delicious, affordable and plentiful.
( 2 人份)
- 無骨帶皮馬鮫魚柳 4 塊 ( 買魚時可請魚販起骨)
- 蒜頭 2 粒剁蓉
- 辣椒粉 paprika 2 茶匙
- 橄欖油 1 湯匙
- 海鹽 2 茶匙
- 預熱烤箱至 220C / 425F / Gas 7
- 把蒜蓉，辣椒粉、海鹽和橄欖油置碗中拌勻成醬料。把魚放在碟上然後將醬料均勻塗沒在 4 塊 魚柳的上下两邊。
- 烤盤上鋪錫紙和烤架，魚柳排開；置烤箱內烤 12 - 15 分鐘至熟 ( 每個烤箱性能不同，請隨意加減時間 ) ，期間反轉 一 次。
Roasted Mackerel with Garlic and Paprika
( serves 2)
- 4 mackerel fillets, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 425F / Gas 7
- Put the garlic, paprika, sea salt and olive oil in a small bowl to mix into a smooth paste.
- Line a baking tray with foil and put the baking rack on top. Lay the mackerel fillets skin side down on the rack. Roast for 12 - 15 minutes until the skin is crisp and the fish is cooked through ( all ovens perform differently, please feel free to adjust the timing accordingly). Turning once during cooking.
- Roasted mackerel can be served with rice, pastas or salad.
You can find the recipe of Tagliatelle, Bacon & Wild Mushrooms in Cream Sauce here
With Mackerel fishing season starting next month, soon we'll be on the boat out to the sea, catching the sea breeze and hopefully a few fish to last us a few meals.