Spring and summer came earlier than usual in the UK this year. As a result it feels like they were here for less time and their departure feels quite abrupt.
Autumn arrived unannounced with the first days of August when we weren't quite ready to see the last of summer! The cool and soft autumnal wind quietly replaced all trace of warm summer heat. A chill has begun to linger in the air.
This time of year, I like to go to the nearby farmers market to look around; I usually come home with a box full of the season's ripened, golden and beautiful fruits and vegetables.
( 6 - 8 人份 )
- 任何種類的蘋果 4 個
- 無鹽牛油 ( 奶油 ) 175g 室温軟化
- 淺黑糖 ( light muscovado sugar ) 175 g
- 自發粉 275g 過篩
- 蛋 3 隻打勻
- 肉桂粉 1 茶匙
- 粗紅糖 ( unrefined demerara sugar ) 1 茶匙
- 杏脯果醬 2 大匙用小火煮熱後過篩
20 cm ( 8 in ) 圓型烤盤 1 個
( serve 6 - 8 )
- 4 eating apple
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- Light muscovado sugar 175g
- 275 g self raising flour, sifted
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp undefined demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot jam, warmed and pushed through a sieve
20 cm ( 8 in ) round cake tin
做法 Method :
1.) Line the cake tin with baking parchment.
2.) 預熱烤爐 170 C / 325 F / Gas 3。烤盤上掃油。
2.) Pre-heat the oven to 170 C / 325 F / Gas 3.
3.) Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy.
4.) Gradually beat in the eggs, fold in the flour and cinnamon. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin.
5. ) Peel, halve and core the apples. Run the prongs of a fork over the top to score them and arrange on top of the cake mixture. Loosely cover with a large piece of foil and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean, depends on the performance of your oven.
6.) Brush the apple cake with the apricot glaze and sprinkle with the demerara sugar just before serving.
In the cold and grey autumn afternoon, brew a pot of hot tea, served with a freshly baked warm and fragrant slice of apple and cinnamon cake. Any kind of melancholy mood will undoubtedly be lifted up or defused instantly.