The autumn season has only just begun but the nature around us is already changing rapidly. Taking a walk in the woods you can see the newly ripened brambles, conkers, rose hips, hawthorns, apples and pine cones, all beautifully hanging from the trees. Then there are the fallen leaves magically carpeting the woodland ground, with wild mushrooms peeping out playing hide and seek everywhere.
We saw people who were picking wild mushrooms and other vegetables to make soup the other day. It made me really crave for the same delicious aroma bubbling away on the hob in my kitchen.
We went to a farmers market nearby and brought home a basket full of tasty looking wild mushrooms. I picked a variety of different types; I wanted to make a soup that had all the distinctive flavours from these mushrooms.
我們挑了 pink and cream oyster mushrooms, shiitake, porcini, buna-shemejj and mousseron mushrooms.
We got pink and cream oyster mushrooms, shiitake, porcini, buna-shemejj and mousseron mushrooms.
This is a season for soup lovers. With the abundant harvested vegetables available, I’ll sure be sharing more soup recipes with you in the weeks to come.
This soup is the starter of a 3 course dinner I cooked for my husband to say thank you to him for looking after all the beautiful roses and other flowers for me in the last year.
When I served him this fragrant soup, rich yet light and velvety in texture and delicious in taste, accompanied by my homemade golden croutons, you should have seen the wide-eyed big smile on his face.
I know it wasn’t the mushroom soup that has captured his heart, it was the croutons.
( 4 人份 )
( 4 人份 )
- 任何種類可以吃的野菌或蘑菇 1 lb / 425g
- 紅洋葱 11 oz / 300g 切細粒
- 蒜頭 4 粒剁蓉
- 切碎的百里香 thyme 1 茶匙
- 切碎的迷迭香 rosemary 1 茶匙
- 橄欖油 1 湯匙
- 上湯 1.5 Litres / 2½ pint ( 可用有機的菜精塊照指示開水而成 )
- Sherry 酒 100ml / 3½ fl oz
- 切碎的洋香菜 parsley 2 茶匙
- 單忌亷 single cream 隨意
Wild Mushrooms & Herbs Soup
( Serves 4 )
- 1 lb / 425g Mixed mushrooms
- 11 oz / 300g red onions thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves mashed into paste
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 litres / 2½ pint vegetable stock ( can use organic vegetable stock cube to make up )
- 100 ml / 3 fl oz sherry
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- single cream to serve ( optional )
1. 湯煲內燒熱轉中火，下油，下洋葱、蒜蓉、迷迭香和百里香同炒至洋葱焦香透明。約 5-10
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan, stir - fry the onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary over a medium heat until the
onions are translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
2. 加入蘑菇 ( 可切片 ) 用大火一起同炒 2 分鐘。
2. Stir in the mushrooms ( can be sliced ) and cook over a high heat for a further 2 minutes.
3. 下上湯，煮滾，上蓋用小火煮 15 分鐘。
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. 磨入適當海鹽黑椒作調味。加入 sherry 酒拌勻，用手提攪拌器拌至幼滑 ( 用低轉度拌攪，
4. Season to taste, stir in the sherry and blend with a hand held blender until smooth ( use low setting to
blend soup, take care not to get burned by the splashing hot soup).
5. 洒下切碎洋香菜，旋一湯匙忌亷 single cream。放些烤麵包粒上桌。
5. Serve scattered with chopped parsley and a dollop of single cream. Garnish with a few croutons.
- 方麵包6 塊去皮切小丁方
- 已溶牛油或橄欖油 3 湯匙
- 1 茶匙蒜粉和1 小撮鹽 / 或半茶匙蒜鹽
- 乾洋香菜末 1 茶匙
- 預熱烤箱至 180C / 350F / Gas4。大碗內把已溶牛油 (或橄欖油)，蒜粉和鹽 ( 或蒜鹽 )，乾洋香菜末一起攪拌至幼滑無粗粒。將麵包粒倒入拌勻，在烤盤內單層排開。置烤箱內烘 25-30 分鐘至完全金黄，期間翻轉一兩次。
- 6 sliced bread, crusts trimmed and cubed
- 3 tablespoon melted butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder with a pinch of salt / or half teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas4. In a large bowl mix melted butter ( or olive oil), garlic powder & salt ( or garlic salt) until smooth and clump free. Toss butter mixture with cubed bread so that cubes are evenly coated. Spread coated bread cubes on a baking tray in a single layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Check and turn them around once or twice.
I used this butter curler to make little butter curl balls
The recipes of the main course and the dessert will follow in the next two posts.