We spent a lovely day with our dear friends and their family last Sunday.
I cooked a traditional Sunday dinner : Roast lamb, chicken, sausages, roast potatoes, cauliflowers and broccoli cheese bake, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, cabbages and gravy.
For dessert I prepared ‘Apple Crumble’ and ‘ No-Bake Chocolate Truffle Crunch’. Everybody had a small portion of each pudding with a big scoop of ice-cream！
These two lovely desserts are ideal for any busy hosts or hostesses over the coming months, particularly the Christmas period, as you can prepare them a day in advance. You then simply need to complete the last step after dinner before serving to your guests.
You can save yourself a lot of time and effort in the kitchen than if you have to make the puddings on the day, and leave yourself more valuable time to relax with friends and family.
I’ll share the two recipes with you here.
- 無鹽牛油 125g 浴化成液態
- 消化餅 digestive biscuits 200g 壓碎
- 重乳脂鮮奶油 ( double cream) 300ml
- 糖粉 (icing sugar) 2 大匙
- 雲尼拿香精 vanilla extract 1 小匙
- 黑巧克力 200g
- 一個 20 cm 圓型，可以脫底的彈簧烤盤。底部鋪上烘焙紙和刷油，盤的週圍也掃上薄油。
- 在大碗中加入餅碎，倒進牛油完全拌勻，傾進烤盤底部，按壓均勻至平。置冰箱內冷放 30 分鐘以上讓餅底定形。
- 做饀料 : 把重乳脂鮮奶油加入另一大碗內，加進糖粉和雲尼拿香精，用手提打蛋器打至剛起軟角，便加入溶化的巧克力，一起繼續打至成軟厚狀，但注意不要打發過份。
- 把饀料倒在烤盤的餅碎上，撥平。置冰箱內 4 - 6小時待饀料凝固後，把松露巧克力脆餅從烤盤釋出和脫底，放在餅盤上。
No-Bake Chocolate Truffle Crunch
for the base :
- 125 unsalted butter, melted
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
for the filling :
- 300ml whipping cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g dark chocolate
- cocoa for dusting
you will need :
- a 20cm spring-form cake tin, buttered and base lined with baking parchment.
- To make the base, stir the butter into the crushed biscuits, tip into the cake tin and press down to cover the base and sides of the tin. Chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the crust to set.
- Break the chocolate into pieces in a medium size bowl, sit the bowl on top of a small pan of simmering hot water to melt the chocolate, take care not letting the hot water touch bottom of the bowl.
- To make the filling, pour the cream into a bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until the mixture thickens, but take care not to over-whip.
- Spoon the mixture into the biscuit base and spread out, put in the fridge for 4 - 6 hours until the filling is set. Release the chocolate truffle crunch from the cake tin and the tin base as soon as it's set and put on a plate.
- Then either serve it immerdiately or keep it in the fridge overnight. Dust with cocoa before serving.