The summer holiday is here again. Time for my sister's son, coming from Hong Kong, to visit us as usual.
如果你是 Rice Bowl Tales 的長期讀者，相信去年從這篇網誌裏已曾讀過他的來龍去脈。
If you're a regular reader of Rice Bowl Tales, you probably would have read the details from this post last year.
今次他的一位同班同學 D 與他同行。兩人都快 16 歲了，很有獨立能力和主見。一起出去逛街購物時已不用我們陪同。
This time his school friend D came along with him. They are both nearly 16, very capable of looking after themselves. We don't have to go with them anymore when they go out shopping together.
They are both mad about taking photographs. When they're not shopping, we take them everywhere to let them take lots of photos.
They seem to like my cooking. Especially 'drunk chicken', Hainan chicken and roasted leg of lamb. They liked them so much that I had to repeat the last two dishes a second time.
And these cookies too.
女兒八月尾便會回倫敦上班，學業生涯告一段落。這两個月她想回家來歇歇。在家期間，她又在附近 C 城的「露天劇院」找到一份暑假全職。想不到說是回來休息，結果比以前更忙。
Our daughter will go back to London to start working at the end of August. She wanted to come home to take a rest after spending so many years studying. Whilst she's here, she found a summer job working at the " Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre ". Although this is supposed to be a relaxing time for her, somehow she has become busier then she was before.
It was daughter's only day off in a week the other day. While we were chatting and drinking tea, we remembered the cookies by Orangette that we wanted to make for a long time.
( 約做 36 塊 )
- 麵粉 plain flour 240g
- 泡打粉 baking powder 5g
- 海鹽 12g
- 室溫無鹽牛油 275g
- 幼黄糖 golden caster sugar 370g
- 蛋 ( 大號 ) 2 隻
- 軟滑花生醬 400g
- 雲尼拿香精 2 茶匙
- 另一大碗中， 用手提打蛋器，把牛油和糖一起攪拌至鬆軟，要把旁邊黏著的撥回碗去 ( 用長木匙攪拌也可以 )。蛋逐隻的份量隨打隨加進。繼而加入花生醬和雲尼拿香精，用中慢速度拌勻。跟著將 1. 料分三次加進，用低度拌勻；然後倒入碎巧克力，約畧用低度輕拌一下至全部均勻便成。
- 預熱烤爐至 180C / 350F / Gas 4，烤盤上鋪烘焙紙。用 2 隻甜品匙或用取雪糕的圓匙，把粉漿盛起撥成小圓球狀，置烤盤上 ( 每盤只能放 6 個，要保持距離，因烘起後會澎漲 )。烤 15 - 20 分鐘至金黄便成。
Salted Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
(makes 36 cookies )
- 240g plain flour
- 5g baking powder
- 12g sea salt
- 275g unsalted butter
- 370g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 400g smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 170g chopped milk chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the plain flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Put the butter and sugar in another large bowl, use a hand held mixer, beat the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. ( You can also do this by hand, with a wooden spoon. ) Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and beat on medium-low speed to blend. Add the 1. ingredients in three batches, mixing on low speed until incorporated and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the chocolate, and beat briefly on low speed, just until evenly incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F / Gas 4, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using two dessert spoons or an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, taking care to leave plenty of space between cookies ( limit it to six cookies per pan; if you add more, when they expand, they will stick together ). Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
- Put the baking sheet on a rack, and cool the cookies completely on the baking sheet to prevent they crumble at touch before transferring the cookies onto the rack, they will firm up as they cool.
這入口甘香酥脆，'甜中帶鹹'的曲奇餅，吃時給你有無法抗拒的感覺。相信我，這大概是世界上最好吃的曲奇之一 ( 如 Orangette 說 ) 。
These crunchy and extremely tasty cookies, the 'sweet and salty' flavour combination are totally irresistible. Believe me, they may be some of the best cookies that you will ever eat ( like Orangette said ).