We all love salmon; for its taste as well as its nutritional value.
Not surprisingly, a modern family usually includes salmon in their weekly cooking, eating it at least once or twice a week.
On the dining table on a hot summer's day, a piece of tenderly baked salmon; sitting on a bed of lightly pan-fried courgette slices, served alongside a refreshing tomato and cucumber salsa.
With a large ice - cold drink or a glass of wine. A perfect combination!
( 3 人用)
- 鮭魚 3 塊
- 小胡瓜 3 條
- 青瓜 1 條
- 番茄 2 個 ( 材料圖中的番茄我只用了 2 個 )
- 紅洋葱 ¼ 個
( serves 3 )
- 3 salmon fillets
- 3 courgette
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tomato ( I've only used 2 of the 6 tomatoes in the photo )
- ¼ red onion
- 味醂 Mirin 3 湯匙
- 淺色醬油 ( 生抽 light soy sauce ) 3 湯匙
For the marinade:
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
番茄青瓜莎莎 ( salsa ) 作法：
- 大碗中加入 2 湯匙白米醋， 1 湯匙橄欖油，1 湯匙黄幼糖，1 湯匙全籽芥末 ( whole grain mustard )；拌勻。番茄青瓜紅洋葱切小粒加進大碗內與醋糖油混合成莎莎 ( salsa )。
For the tomato salsa:
- In a large bowl add 2 tbsp white rice vinegar, 1 tbsp Olive oil, 1 tbsp light brown sugar, 1 tbsp whole grain mustard; mix well together. Dice tomatoes and cucumber into small cube and put into the vinegar dressing; toss well and leave to one side.
- 大碗內所有醃料拌勻，把鮭魚放進醃 5 分鐘。
- 預熱烤箱至 180C / 350F / Gas 4。烤盤內鋪錫紙，放上烤架，把鱼置烤架上進烤箱烤 10 分鐘；然後取出小心翻轉，輕掃一層碗中餘下的醃料；再放回烤箱烤 10 分鐘左右至剛熟。
- 期間把番茄莎莎做好。然後用刨菜刀把小胡瓜刨成長薄片。平底不黏鍋中下少許油 (1/2 湯匙)，把胡瓜片放進，加點海鹽黑椒炒軟盛起。
- 把剩下的碗中醃料倒進一個小鍋內小火煮沸，熄火。魚被烤至剛熟便取出，用一隻乾淨的掃子把煮滾過的醃汁塗在鱼上。( 魚前後大約共烤 20 分鐘 )
- Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl, mix well and add the fish to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas4. Line a baking tray with foil, put on the rack; lay the marinated salmon on the rack, bake for 10 minutes. Then take the fish out from oven, turn over carefully, brush with a layer of the marinade, and put back into the oven to bake for around 10 more minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, shave the courgette into long thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Add a little oil ( 1/2 tbsp ) in a non-stick pan, stir-fry the courgette with salt and freshly ground black pepper until soft. Leave to one side.
- Gently heat up the rest of the marinade in a small sauce pan until boiled, turn off heat. Use a clean brush to apply a layer of the cooked marinade sauce on the fish when they're done. ( cooking time for the salmon is approximately 20 minutes in total )
- In a large plate, piled up half of it with pan-fried courgette slices, sit a piece of salmon on top. Following by tomato and cucumber salsa on one side. There you have it, a dish of fresh, lovely and delicious light summer meal is ready.
Enjoy this by yourself, or with friends or family; simple but unforgettable summer time flavours.