In one of my previous posts " Chicken and sesame noodle salad ", I talked about eating cold noodles in hot summer days; how many different types of cold noodle dishes there are, how convenient they can be and how delicious they all are.
So this time, I would like to share with you how to make this " Chilli king prawn and vermicelli salad ". It's also a cold noodle dish, but for this recipe I've used vermicelli instead.
Vermicelli and I have got such a long and sentimental connection. My mum used to cook it for us for breakfast quite often when we were little.
A small bowl of fine white noodles in a broth; with some fried spring onions scrambled eggs, and a few slices of seared pork sausages on top. Although I was not keen on eating anything in the morning, but whenever my mum made this, I would be happy to have some before I went to school.
做涼拌米粉更方便，只需把乾米粉在沸水中泡浸 5 - 10 分鐘，冲冷水、瀝乾；便可以拌進配料同吃了。
Making a cold vermicelli salad is much simpler. All you have to do is soak the fine noodles in boiling water for 5 - 10 minutes, refresh under cold water and drain. Then just add the cooked seafood or meat, salad; stir in the dressing, mix well together and serve.
( 4 人份 )
- 米粉 240g 根據包裝指示浸軟，冲冷水、瀝乾備用
- 中型大蝦 24 - 32 隻 ( 每人 6 - 8 隻 ) 去殼去腸灼熟
- 青瓜 1 條切幼絲
- 紅蘿蔔 2 條切幼絲
- 紅燈籠椒 1 隻切幼絲
- 西生菜一隻切絲 ( 不在材料圖內 )
- 蒜頭 2 粒拍扁
- 薑 2 cm 厚一塊除皮切成數角
- 小紅辣椒 2 隻切幼
- 香茅 3 株除去外皮和切去硬根部份，拍扁底部，切段
- 葱 2 條切段
- 鱼露 3 湯匙
- 3 隻檸檬汁
- 麻油 3 湯匙
- 淺色黃糖 2 湯匙
Chilli King Prawn and Rice Vermicelli Salad
( serves 4 )
- 240g rice vermicelli, soak the vermicelli according to the instructions on the packet, refresh under cold water and drain
- 24 - 32 medium size king prawn ( 6 - 8 per person ), shelled, deveined and cooked.
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red pepper, sliced lengthways
- 1 iceberg lettuce, sliced into thin strips ( not in the ingredients photo )
- Small bunch of mint
- Coriander to devorate
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 lemongrass stalks, outer leaves removed, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 把醬汁料 A. 放進攪拌機去打成幼粒，與醬汁料 B. 一起在碗內攪拌成沙拉醬汁。
- Put the dressing ingredients A in a processor to blend into small pieces, tip it in a bowl with dressing ingredients B; stir well to make the salad dressing.
- Place half of the shredded lettuce on a big deep plate, put the remaining half of the lettuce in with the cucumber; carrots; red peppers and mint leaves together to make the salad.
- Dip each of the king prawns in the salad dressing to coat then leave to one side. add the rice vermicelli in the salad, pour in the salad dressing to mix well together. Use a tong to lift the vermicelli salad onto the lettuce in the big plate; arrange the king prawns on top of the salad, garnish with coriander and serve.
In a grey and rainy summer day. A plate of this light and crunchy chilli king prawn and rice vermicelli salad; not only will it revitalize your dulled taste buds, it will helped to lift up our dampened spirits too.
Thank you!! 哈哈對啊！夏天就不吃那麼多肉了 ^^
a lot of prawns, love it!ReplyDelete
Thanks!! We all love prawns ^^
I like cold noodles too. Very refreshing. My mum also used to cook rice vermicelli a lot.ReplyDelete
That's true, I think nothing beats a plate of cold noodle in summer days.
Thanks to our mum, we learned and appreciate the art and joy of cooking :)
Very attractive and refreshing prawn and Rice Vermicelli Salad! YUMMY !ReplyDelete
Thank you! I love rice vermicelli, it's so easy and versatile, one of the best dry noodles to create mouth watering dishes with.
Another wonderfully simple but tasty salad :) How long will it last in the fridge because I think making a batch and taking it to work for a few days will be great!ReplyDelete
Thank you, I'm glad you like it too! I think as with any salad, it's best to consume it within the day as the vegetables and vermicelli have been rinsed by tap water and shouldn't be kept more than 24 hours. But cold noodles are so easy to prepare daily, you can use different type of dressing or noodles; just make them at night before you go to bed, keep them in the fridge at home and at work. Make enough for both you and Mr. Bao each time to worth the effort :)