我們從倫敦回來，兒子已回曼城。走進他房間替他收拾，便看到他兒時最心愛的三個睡伴：他出生後我們買給他的小藍毛熊，那隻耳朵是 rattle 的小笨象和別人送他，被他弄去了一隻眼晴的黃色小兔熊；排排地坐在椅上。
Our children have both graduated now, and our son has gone back to Manchester.
When we came back from London after our daughter's graduation ceremony, I went to tidy up his bedroom, and saw that three of his favourite soft toys were still on his chair.
He'd got them out of the cupboard the night before; his first little blue bear; a small yellow rabbit with one eye missing; and a big elephant with a rattle ear - all sitting side by side. He took a picture of them to put inside his wallet, saying he wanted to take it with him to keep him company。I nod, my son understood, he gave me a big hug ...
Daughter and I went to do shopping for food to make dinner. The early autumn air was slightly chilly and fresh, the morning sun shining but not very warm. It felt exactly the same as the morning 19 years ago when we took her to start the first day of nursery.
The same month, same season. As young parents, our little children in our hands, taking them to school ...
After dinner, daughter tidied up the dishes. As I sat by the window, a warm cup of tea was gently put into my hands.
Two weeks from now, after she has gone back to London, who will be so attentive, knowing when I drink which type of tea ...
The other day, I made sweet and sour pork for our lunch, my husband and the children's favourite.
I also steamed a fish.
Served with some vegetables.
Made a quick broth with Squash, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, ginger and pork. They seemed to enjoy the meal very much, even though it was just a few simple dishes.
The Sweet and sour pork recipe that I promised to write is now finished. I've been so busy in the last few days, sorry if I've kept you waiting.
( 4 人份 )
- 1 吋左右厚度的梅頭豬肉 4 小件切成 1吋 x 吋半方塊
- 雞蛋 2 隻打勻，
- 生粉 1 大碗
- 蒜頭 2 粒剁茸
- 菠蘿角2 湯匙
- 白醋 6 湯匙
- 水 12 湯匙
- HP sauce ( OK sauce, brown sauce ) 4 湯匙
- 茄醬 Tomato ketchup 4 湯匙
- 糖 6 湯匙 ( 隨個人愛甜口味加減 )
- 向日葵瓜子油 1 公升瓶裝
- 鹽、糖 各1 茶匙
- 生抽 ( 醬油 ) 2 茶匙
- 麻油 2 茶匙
- 酒 2 茶匙
- 生粉 1 湯匙
- 4 one inch thick pork shoulder steak, cut into 1" x 1 1/2 " square pieces
- 2 eggs beaten up, 1 big bowl cornflour
- 1/2 onion, cut into small squares
- 1 thump size ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 red pepper cut into small squares
- 2 tablespoon pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoon white vinegar
- 12 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoon HP ( OK )sauce
- 4 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- 5 - 6 tablespoon sugar
- Cornflour and water for thicken the sauce
- Sun flower seed oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon salt, sugar each
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 油沸後轉中火，把已撲生粉的肉塊分兩次落鑊，每份用中火炸至略為脆硬，撈起，再把其餘 1 份炸完。
Sweet and sour pork
- Place the pork in marinade for 30 minutes. Pre- heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
- Mix the meat with the beaten egg, pour in the cornflour. Making sure each piece meat is covered in cornflour.
- Turn oil to medium heat after it's boiled. Fry the pork in two batches, fry till the meat have gone slightly crunchy, take them out. Finish frying the other half portion of meat.
- Heat up the oil again, put the deep fried pork back in the sauce pan, fry each half of the batch again until golden brown. Take them out onto 2 plates lined with kitchen paper to absore the oil.
- 鍋 ( 因為甜酸汁是酸性，最好用不銹鋼鍋 ) 燒紅，下油 2 湯匙，先下洋葱和薑爆香；再下蒜蓉，改中火爆香後，加入青紅椒炒香。離火用筷子夾起青紅椒備用。
- 下水進鍋，大火燒沸。加入醋、HP sauce 、茄醬和糖，煮滾後過篩倒進另一隻鍋去。下菠蘿塊，青紅椒，再沸後將芡水逐少倒入勾芡至稀稠適度。
Sweet and sour sauce
- Heat up a frying pan, add 2 tablespoon oil, fry the onion till soft, add the ginger; follow by minced garlic, change to medium heat after a couple of minute. take the pan away from heat, pick up the peppers and leave them to one side.
- Add water in pan, bring to boil. Add vinegar, HP sauce, Ketchup, heat up then strain through a sieve into another pan. Put the pineapples back, add the peppers. Bring the sauce back to boil, then thicken with the cornflour and water mixture.
- Put the deep fried pork into the sauce, stir fry them until the sauce reduced, then is ready to serve.
How to deal with the used frying oil
- Strain the oil through a clean mesh sieve into a clean jug, pour into a clean dry bottle when cool, and cover tightly, the oil can be used again for cooking.
This is one of the most popular dishes in a Chinese restaurant. Since almost everyone in your family would love it, why not make it at home? So when you have your friends over for dinner, you can show off your skill by serving a plate of these super delicious sweet and sour pork!